Saturday, March 14, 2009

Inspiration!

This drawing by Jeff Dee comes real close to capturing the essence of my EOC idea. I just saw this posted over at Back in '81 (props!) and remembered Dee's work on the "Queen of the Demonweb Pits adventure module. I'd sort of gotten down on myself about how I was going to solve some composition issues in my idea, and this is such a great pose--that I was inspired to think about it in a different way. I really love the facial expression too--perfectly exhibits his dilemma dontcha' think?

Now, my idea was to have a wizard with one last charge--so he's not quite at 'fizzle' but I imagine he would have a similar expression. Also, I like his proximity to the viewer.

Assuming my skills can be improved upon--given the time constraints--I'd love to pay homage to Mr. Dee's whimsical work!

No comments: