Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Crystar: Crystal Warrior

Star of comics and action figures alike, Crystar was with us for all-too-short a time. I hope to see him resurface again. Plus he had a kick-ass side kick named Warbow, who was green, mean (had an eye patch) and crossbow.
That guy's almost cooler than the hero! Almost....

If there's a cosmology that badly needs to be retro-cloned into an RPG it's Crystar. Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I give you exhibits A-F:


Previous testimony:
Geek Orthodox, also
Rotten Tomatoes
Plaid Stallions
Comic series episode guide 
Action figure series , also
UPDATE: Complete overview of Crystar's world, Crystalium

I rest my case.

P.S. Isn't he do for a re-make in general right about now?

P.P.S. This post has nothing to do with recently winning a Crystar action figure on eBay. Nope.

2 comments:

Eli Arndt said...

Crystar was awesome.

Back in those days, my buddy and I would do up off the cuff RPGs for any cartoon we loved and then draw up a whole host of new characters. I remember combing through books on geology for new crystal and rock types to name characters after.

-Eli

Brutorz Bill said...

Great Post! Crystar was cool.
Thanks for posting. I hadn't thought about Crystar in years.