Wednesday, February 25, 2009

No PhotoShop

Yeah, so my non-skills in drawing are dwarfed only by my non-skills in preparing images for the scanner. I don't have a current version of PhotoShop and if I did, I wouldn't know how to use it. So, what I do have is the crappy Microsoft image program that came with my computer and the scanner software.

What I've learned in the last few scans I've done is that my scanner is really light. To fix this, MS has thankfully added an 'auto-correct' button. Yup, I went there auto-correct. Now, I know what you're thinking, and you're right--it's totally bush league of me to use that button. If I cared at all about my sketches--my earnest and plucky works of art--I'd somehow acquire a decent program and learn how to use it.

But realistically, that just ain't going to happen. So, without further adieu, let me demonstrate the wonders of auto-correct:

BEFORE....

Faint pencil lines get lost. Not a lot of contrast. It's just all-around tough to see. Okay, now check out the...

AFTER....

Digital bastardization is great for darkening lines. It's like night and day, right? Yeah, well, it's better than nothing. Bonus: feel free to click and enlarge those suckers to really get a sense of my "fine technical skills."

Learn to love it folks, because this is the pinnacle of image quality on this blog. Or it will, at least, until i learn to work better with the scanner. Just be glad I'm not taking photos with my phone!

No comments: