Thursday, April 1, 2010

A fever dream about Fight On!

So being that it's April Fools' Day today, my mind (of course) was playing tricks on me even before I woke up. I can safely say that I've never once dreamt about anything in the OSR--or even hobby related--until today.

I dreamt that Fight On! with infinite DM publishing powers at it's disposal, had a huge complex where they not only collated the material for the magazine--but actually fabricated huge miniature models of each submission to test before publishing. That's right--huge models--we're talking 3 or 4 ping pong tables in size. They tested everything from one-page dungeons on up to mega-sized labyrinths was ensured to provide "maximum play value".

Writers would give tips to "play testers" while research scientists would walk around in white lab coats taking notes on clipboards: TOO FEW HIT DICE, ADD TRAPS TO ENTRANCE

It was like Willy Wonka's factory, except no Oompa Loompas (thank God!).

Yeah....weird!

I'm sure none of this has to do with the fact that I ordered issue #8 of Fight On! which LuLu says shipped a week-and-a-half ago and still hasn't arrived.

UPDATE: It looks like Fight On! issue #9 is out even before I've received issue #8. And it's FREE to boot! ;)

No comments: