Monday, January 30, 2012

MERLIN IS DEAD.


Scottish actor Nicol Williamson scummbed to esophogeal cancer in December, but his family just recently announced his death to the public. He was 75.

I'll of course always remember him for his near lyrical portrayl of Merlin, a performance to which I've come to compare all on-screen magicians, spellcasters, sorcerers, warlocks, and conjurers. Rest in Peace great wizard....



Obit in the New York Times.

See Merlin bid farewell to his king one last time.

3 comments:

Aaron E. Steele said...

Sad news. I loved the first third of this movie, and my favorite line ...

I ... am Merlin.

That guy had incredible delivery,

RIP.

Kiltedyaksman said...

Just posted on this. You might find it interesting.

Don Hudson said...

Great post. I am thinking about doing a wall painting of Merlins' garden for a newborn baby.